Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Surgery Day

Hailey has been sick and has had an on going ear infection for the past two months. After being on 5 rounds of antibiotics,antibiotic shots and seeing a specialist it was finally decided to do surgery. Last Friday we took Hailey in to have tubes put in both ears and to have her adenoids removed. I'm happy to report the surgery went well and Hailey is recovering well. We hope the surgery will work and our baby will be a happy and healthy baby again soon.


Hailey is such a morning person. I had to get her out of bed at 4:45am so that we could be at the hospital in San Antonio at 5:30am. She always wakes up with a big smile on her face.

Snuggling with Daddy before surgery


After surgery


We had to make sure she had her bunny as soon as she woke up. She sure loves that bunny.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

oh i know what you and ryan went through. we did the same w/ parker and we were so glad to have the ear infections stop... but it broke my heart when they brought him back to us after the surgery. the crying, knowing he was in pain, vomiting, all of it... but you will be soooooooo glad knowing that this is all over. she will be that happy girl all the time knowing that there will be no more infections.

Nik said...

It's so hard to watch your kids have to go through that. Kole had surgery when he was 21 months old, (tonsils and adenoids out), and Bryson had surgery at 3 years old, (tonsils, adenoids, tubes in ears, and tongue clipped). But in the end, it's a great thing. It makes them so much healthier! What a brave girl Hailey!

brooke said...

both of mine had tubes put in both ears at 1 year. Things got SO much better. Those couple of days are hard, but overall very worth it.

Saville Family said...

I'm so glad that her recovery went well. She is such a happy baby~always smiles at me!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

Poor little thing! It's no fun to see your little ones in pain- I'm glad she's doing better.

joelandbecca said...

golly! that is the hardest thing to watch ever! glad she came out of it well. she is getting so big so fast!

Julie G. said...

Poor bug-a-boo. I wish you'd told me you had posted these so I could have seen them sooner. Glad things went well. I love ya!

AMIT said...

Hope that its fine now after the surgery.

Domain registration india